Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shopping, Browsing, Looking, Buying

What's the difference?  "Shopping" means different things to different people. Whenever I say "I'm going shopping" to my hubby, he moans the classic husband-groan right on cue. But to him, shopping implies spending money, where as to me shopping doesn't always result in money spent. We've had discussions that the word "shopping" implies "looking" and "buying" to him, whereas sometimes for me it only results in "looking" or "browsing".  So from now on, I'm only "browsing" if I don't really intend to buy anything, only to look around and kill time for an afternoon.  Did I mention that the sales are really great right now?  I'm headed out the door now... just to "browse" of course... 

3 comments:

  1. You can always employ "Eddie Economics" on him... For example: let's say you buy something for $20 that originally cost $40... and then... you find a additional great deal for $75 that would have originally cost you $110... In "Eddie Economics" you didn't spend $95 today... you made $55! What a deal! Run that one by Mike and just tell him you're just doing your part to bring money into the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think Eddie! We'll see if Michael likes it too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doubtful... in fact I'm sure he won't be too pleased that I even suggested this! :)

    ReplyDelete