Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Heart Pasta

Pasta.
Just the word evokes comfort.  It's quintessentially Italian.  "Pasta" translates literally as "paste"- named for the starting composition in the making process.  Easy, healthy, and economical also come to mind.  How could you NOT love the stuff?

My pasta-making project led me to do some research on this food art and I've decided to share the fun and quirky sites I found.  I enjoyed making it by hand, but will also enjoy trying out a pasta attachment for a certain Artisan stand mixer waiting for me back home. :)

Joy the Baker Pasta Inspiration
Pasta 101: A Video Demonstration (with strange choir background music)
A to Z Pasta Guide
Pasta Guide by Shape
National Pasta Association

And now, just to illustrate how crazy I am for the stuff, I leave you with an inventory of my pantry...seven different types...

  1. Cellentani (hollow spirals with ridges)
  2. Farfalle (bow tie)
  3. Lasagna
  4. Mini Pipe Rigate (mini elbows with ridges)
  5. Pennette Rigate (small penne with ridges)
  6. Spaghetti
  7. Tempestine (small round balls, similar to couscous)


No comments:

Post a Comment