Friday, January 8, 2010

Homemade Handmade Pasta

Another cooking challenge that I'm able to check off the list...homemade handmade pasta.  Now, I'm not talking about using a stand mixer with a pasta attachment.  I, or should I say "we", used our hands, a rolling pin, and old-fashioned elbow grease to crank out this pasta.   




First, I must pause and dish out some credit.  I am a regular follower of the lovely blog site called Joy the Baker.  Not only does she post witty dessert recipes, occasionally she offers insight to her other kitchen adventures such as pumpkin and butternut squash soup and homemade handmade pasta.  Her pasta post inspired me to do what I've been longing to do since I came to Italy- make pasta in my kitchen by hand.

We kneaded.




We rolled.






We cut.




We filled.


I used a ricotta-prosciutto-spinach mixture and topped it with a butter-oregano sauce... Giada's creation.




The result?  Deliciously fresh and chewy pasta. No preservatives. 
Nothing but goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment