Friday, March 12, 2010

A Little Bit of News

It snowed this week.  I'm always thrown a little when there is snow in March.  I know the first day of spring is more than a week away, but for some reason I feel we should be having warmer, not colder, weather.  I think it's the little sneak peaks of spring- one or two days of nice weather, tricking you into thinking "Ah! It's here!" and then the next day it snows.  "Just kidding.  You better get that puffy coat and gloves back out.  You put them away too soon....again!" 

Other news, we're hosting this weekend!  Michael's cousin, John, and his wife, Beth, are in route as I type this.  We're planning to visit the markets, sample/taste some local wines, and head to Venice.  I'll tell you all about it next week.  Until then, hope you have a nice weekend!  If you drink some Italian wine or eat a pizza, think of me.  I'll be doing the same!   

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome vacation we had! Thanks, Sam & Michael!! How many people who tour Italy are lucky enough to have tour guides who know where to go, can speak the language, make gourmet pasta and expresso, and give up their bed for their guests' comfort?! John and I count ourselves as those few lucky peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you had a great time. We really enjoyed being your tour guide and sharing the things we love most about Italy.

    ReplyDelete